Please make sure to read through the Rules before beginning your game entry to avoid penalties or even disqualification.
- Development on contest entries MUST be started after the beginning of the contest (October 4th, 2017). Commissions for the contest must also be started after the beginning of the contest. Pre-existing assets that were not created specifically for the contest are allowed.
- Games MUST be submitted by the deadline (Midnight PST, November 5th, 2017). NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED! Make sure not to submit last minute to avoid missing the deadline.
- Games MUST be developed in one of the following RPG Maker Software: RPG Maker 2000, RPG Maker 2003, RPG Maker XP, RPG Maker VX, RPG Maker VX Ace, and RPG Maker MV.
- Game Length: Judges will only be required to evaluate a game for 1 HOUR if it passes the screening stage. Any game over 1 hour will be judged only on its first hour of gameplay.
- You must have the right to use all software, resources, and tools involved in the creation of the game. Please make sure to accredit resource creators in a text file included with your game.
- There is no limit on the size of the development team. You can have one person or 10+ people. Keep in mind that prize winnings will only be awarded to the user that submits the game.
- Contest participants can be involved in UP TO TWO submissions. This means you could work on a solo project and collaborate with another team, collaborate on two teams, or even submit two solo projects. If a team uses your resources, but you were not directly involved in the development of the game, then it won't count towards the TWO game limit; same with commissions.
- All files required to play the game MUST be included in the download. This include RTP resources. If the game exe does not run because of missing files, it will be disqualified.
- No 18+ Content: This includes strong sexual themes and content, graphic nudity, or extreme portrayals of violence. If you're unsure, please follow ESRB guidelines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertainment_Software_Rating_Board
- Plagiarism and any other forms of CHEATING are grounds for disqualification. Let's make this a clean and fair competition for everyone!
- Games must be available in English, but you are welcome to include other translations (just make sure the default language is set to English).
- Your game submission must be able to run on Windows 7 or higher. You can include additional downloads for other platforms, but only the Windows version will be judged.
- Contest Judges have the right to penalize or disqualify a submission for reasons including, but not limited to, the violation of the above rules. Judges decisions are final.
PRIZE CONDITIONS & LEGAL
Prizes will be delivered electronically via the email associated with the user who submitted the game. Winners will be responsible for all taxes and fees associated with their prize package. If working on a team, please discuss how prize winnings will be split before winners are announced to avoid potential legal issues. The IGMC team is not responsible for splitting prize money.
No purchase necessary to participate in the contest. Must be at least 13 years of age to register and submit entries. Additional restrictions on age and nationality are subject to the contestant's local, state, and/or national laws.
Creators retain all rights to their respective works. The contest runners (Degica) reserve the right to promote the game on the appropriate websites, blogs, social media, etc. as outlined in the prize packages.
Degica reserves first publishing rights for games that win 1st Prize, 2nd Prize, and 3rd Prize.